Human Resources and Recruiting
The Advisory Board Company
The Role in Brief:
Career Management serves as the human resources function for The Advisory Board Company by providing assistance in the areas of recruiting, training, career-pathing, benefits and general HR administration. The Benefits Coordinator works on a Benefits and HR administration team and will have a wide range of HR responsibilities, including employee relations, benefits and HR administration, with a focus on benefits processing. We are seeking a full-time, entry-level Benefits Associate with an interest in human resources to join this fast-paced, team-oriented environment to provide superior service to our staff. This opportunity is located in Washington, DC.
- Assisting in the administration of benefit programs, including maintaining eligibility, billing, and communicating benefits plan information to employees
- Assisting with onboarding of new hires including leading benefits orientation, administering I-9 verification and confirming payroll deductions
- Serving as the benefits team’s first point of contact for new and existing employees at all levels, educating staff on benefits programs, responding to their questions and identifying resolutions
- Maintaining an electronic database of personnel and benefits information in our HRIS application
- Supporting visa administration
- Participating in special HR projects, including wellness program initiatives and benefits program enhancements, including data collection and analysis, event organization and planning
- Responding to employment verification requests
- Assisting with intranet website content creation and continued maintenance
- Identifying areas for process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Must possess at least two of the following
- Leadership experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working in an office
- Attention to detail
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to take initiative and overcome challenges
- Ability to communicate by e-mail and phone with internal and external customers
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with and learn spreadsheet and database applications
- Experience handling confidential information
- Interest in HR subject matter
- Prior work experience in human resources is preferred but not required
- Prior work experience in immigration is preferred but not required
About The Advisory Board Company:
The Advisory Board Company is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 5,500+ health care organizations and educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, The Advisory Board Company forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisoryboardcompany.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
Our Culture & Values:
We think Forbes said it best: “Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about.” We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm – at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.