|Associate Director, Compensation|
|Finance and Accounting
Associate Director, Compensation *LI
Career Management Strategic Services
The Advisory Board Company
The Career Management (CM) serves as the Advisory Board’s Human Resources division and supports the firm’s most valuable asset – our staff. The Career Management team works across every department within the firm and provides the following functions:
- Recruiting talented staff
- Providing competitive and comprehensive benefits
- Managing the Workday HRIS system and related data
- Designing and implementing strategic base, incentive and long-term compensation plans
- Analyzing employee data and reporting on workforce analytics
- Facilitating personal and professional development through coaching and training
- Supporting new employees through training and orientation
- Managing firm performance through our annual performance review cycle
- Supporting and upholding the values, policies and procedures of the firm
The Associate Director, Compensation will play a key role in providing compensation analysis, business process improvement, quantitative bonus and incentive goal-setting, project management and operational support to enhance Career Management’s mission to elevate firm performance. The incumbent will participate as a core member of the department, working closely with the division’s leadership for compensation, business partnership/recruiting, training and development, and benefits. The Associate Director will use their skills and experience to create and maintain a compensation system which utilizes both external market pricing and internal equity analysis. The successful candidate for this position will be collaborative by nature, have the ability to think strategically, and be comfortable tackling specific problems by applying a general strategic framework.
This role is also posted as Market Pricing Partner/Senior Analyst, Compensation/Senior Analyst, Marketing Pricing.
- Conduct analysis of jobs, salaries and incentives to evaluate internal equity and determine external competitiveness for new or changed roles
- Maintain and update Marketpay system by utilizing salary surveys to update base salary information based on previous matches
- Participate in external salary surveys
- Work closely with CM Business Partners to analyze new and revised job descriptions, choose appropriate external survey matches, select the correct internal banding assignment, and design a new salary band.
- Coordinate the annual merit increase and bonus calculation process for the firm; ensure all new salary and bonus data is accurately updated in Workday HRIS system; produce individualized pay change and promotion statements for employees through Workday
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Compensation to help task-manage important compensation initiatives and keep strategic priorities on task and on deadline
- Serve as a customer support contact for employees as needed to troubleshoot compensation-related questions and train them on system capability
- Become a technical compensation expert in new and existing HR systems and use that expertise to drive Career Management and firm-wide utilization of compensation tools
- Support the administration of new and existing compensation processes with opportunity to manage select tasks and projects
- Help to create and maintain databases/tools that summarize, analyze, and report key compensation metrics
- Perform analysis and regular compensation reporting for senior management and group leaders
- Conduct compensation portion of new hire orientation classes on a monthly basis
- Develop presentations on metrics, reports and analysis, as needed and as requested
- Proactively identify strategic opportunities to utilize compensation tools within Career Management systems and work with team members to propose new and innovative solutions to enhance employee engagement and system usage.
- Management of entry level Compensation Associate
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, finance, economics, business, or other related field
- Minimum 5 years analyzing market-based compensation and salary survey data
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working in a central services area supporting HR and Finance Partners
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Excel (Vlookups, pivot tables, advanced formulas, etc.)
- Experience driving towards solutions to solve compensation problems
- Ability to think strategically while managing multiple competing priorities
- Ability to clearly and purposefully communicate (verbally and through writing) with stakeholders, business partners, CM partners and other internal contacts
- 7+ year(s) experience in a data-driven corporate environment
- 7+ year(s) experience implementing base and incentive compensation plans
- Experience working with Workday or other HRIS systems
- Experience working with MarketPay
- Demonstrated experience with MS Access or other reporting tools
- Proven ability to learn new tools, techniques, and skills
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Attention to detail
- Experience finding multiple solutions to a complex problems
- Experience handling sensitive firm, department and individual performance information
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Experience presenting to individuals at multiple levels within an organization
- Proven ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Experience in Human Resources and/or Organizational Change Management
- PHR or CCP in progress
- Financial modeling experience
About The Advisory Board Company:
The Advisory Board Company is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 5,500+ health care organizations and educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, The Advisory Board Company forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisoryboardcompany.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
Our Culture & Values:
We think Forbes said it best: “Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about.” We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm – at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.